It’s sometimes difficult to come up with ideas each week for a corporate blog. However, there are lots of ways to keep your content fresh and interesting. Here are seven ideas for telling great corporate stories that can help to position your business as a thought leader and expert. In addition, telling great stories on your blog and through social media can contribute to higher SEO rankings and generating more traffic and leads to your website.
1. Industry News: Comment on an article, conference presentation, or webinar with your opinion. Share additional insight that may help to enhance the story and provide value for the audience interested in that topic.
2. Answer Questions: Use comments or questions posted on your competitors’ blogs or news articles that were re-tweeted on Twitter as inspiration.
3. Provide How-to Based Content: Numbered lists work well (i.e. 5 ways to tell a great story). Use photos or screenshots to explain how something works.
4. Encourage Conversation: Ask a question about an industry trend or subject and provoke conversation.
5. Syndicated Stories: Ask industry experts or business partners to write guest blogs to keep your articles consistent when you don’t have any content.
6. Share Insightful Data: Share interesting industry research and insights that could be helpful others.
7. Tell anecdotal or personal stories: Sharing your own success stories on how things have worked for you (or even failed) in the past and what you learned from that experience can help others in the same situation.